Wednesday 11 May 2011

greetings from shap

from Paulette
Merryl and Jan have not arrived here yet, it was a big day for them.  I think they do more talking than walking.  We have had a good time in Patterdale, the weather was not so good in the morning but was great in the afternoon.  I think they were pleased not to be walking.  The accommodation has been great.  I arrived with sherpa van today in Shap.  I have managed a couple of shorter walks over the last couple of days and as the track is supposed to be better and the distance is shorter tomorrow to Orton I think I will give it a go.  Will decide in the morning.  I have visited the New Balance Factory shop and made my purchases, i am sure Merryl will be tempted.  Our plan now is on Saturday to catch the train to Carlisle where we have arranged to collect a hire car.  We will keep our accommodation bookings and the sherpa transfers, but will be driving to them instead of walking.  But, all being well, we will stop for walks along the way and see as much as we can.  There are so many places over here to visit.  I was fortunate to meet up with Laura (the agent we made our flight bookings with) in Grasmere, she and her husband are holidaying here with her family and I had a great day out with them and they drove me through to Patterdale.  We are meeting some great people, the worst person so far has been  from Australia.  Merryl and Jan have been fortunate that on our rest days they have missed out on some of the worst weather up in the hills.
Both phone and internet are pretty limited here, but will do our best to keep you up to date.
Merryl is sure to want to send when she gets the chance.
Bye for now.
Paulette

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the ankle Paulette! But sounds like you're still having an amazing time. Good to read all you're up to!
    -Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom ,
    Happy Bday, hope you are having a great time.
    Lots of love from the massie boys .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paulette

    Happy Birthday. Hope the foot is healing. Love Jeny

    ReplyDelete